For those of you that have been waiting patiently for the announcement on the Summit’s 2014 high-adventure program offerings, you won’t have much longer to wait. Within the next week we will post information on unit programs and prices on our website at summit.scouting.org.
For those of you who can’t wait that long, here’s a taste of what’s coming:
Four unit program offerings, each of which is a seven-day adventure:
- The River: kayaking and rafting
- Helmets and Harnesses: challenge courses, canopy tours, and climbing
- The Marksman: rifle, pistol, and archery shooting
- Wheels: mountain biking, BMX, skateboarding, and mountain boarding
Each program will include a set of core program elements:
- Safety and skills training appropriate to the program venue
- An evening at Action Point, where you can test your skills on a variety of the Summit’s program offerings (If you’ve been following my blog posts, you know all about Action Point.)
- A day of service related to your program venue
- A ride on the Summit’s over 3,500-foot zip line
We also expect to offer at least one provisional opportunity for Scouts to individually sign up for an adventure at the Summit. We’ll announce that program in January.
So, keep an eye on the Summit website for a full explanation of the 2014 program schedule and a chance to be among the first to register your unit for the Summit’s 2014 high-adventure programs.
See you at the Summit!