2018 Summit Adventure Leadership Training
2018 Summit Adventure Leadership Training (SALT)
The Summit Adventure Leadership Training (SALT) provides an opportunity for Scouts and Venturers to enjoy the adventures available at the Summit Bechtel Reserve and learn how to be a high adventure champion in their units, district and council.
Participants provide their own transportation to SBR by car; SBR will provide shuttles between Charleston’s Yeager Airport and SBR as well as the Prince Amtrak Train Depot.
• High Adventure Venues
• Action Point
• White Water Rafting (Additional $35)
• Big Zip
SBR Exclusive “Behind the Scenes”
• SBR Tour includes areas not generally open to the
public as well as an introduction to Sustainability
and Conservation at SBR.
• Live Music
• Appalachian Cultural Activities
• Carnival Style Games
• Learn how to promote summer camp
• Develop Promotion Plan
• Camp Marketing Tools
• Social Media Management Tools
• Presentation Tools
June 11 – 15
June 18– 22
July 9 – 13
July 23 – 27
July 30 – August 3
- For registered Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers age 14 & up – (All registrations are subject to council approval)
- Must be between 50 and 250 lbs to participate in Aerial Sports activities (climbing, zip-lines, etc)
- Must pass BSA swimmer test for all aquatic activities
What to Bring
- Cot pads, if desired
- Clothing, including swim attire
- Sleeping bag
- Two pairs of shoes (one for water activities)
- Jacket (rain gear)
- Flags, games, or other gear to make your unit feel at home
- A sense of adventure!
- Thanks to a generous donor, we are able to offer this exciting program ($500 value) for only:
$40 per person
(add’l charge for whitewater rafting)
That’s $460 in fees covered!!
- Fee includes 11 meals, tents, cots, and all program equipment.
- For whitewater rafting option, add $35 per person.