*TENTS HAVE SOLD OUT
Looking for GREAT deals on slightly used camp equipment?
The primary focus of the sale will be tents and bikes, but other items may become available as well. We hope that these heavily discounted prices will help
fulfill visions of camporees and biking programs in your local council at a minimal expense.
**Note: Prior to June 30, minimums of 20 tents or 5 bikes will apply. (To give councils and troops priority)**
- Slightly used equipment to be sold after the jamboree is included in this flier. Additional items may be added later and will be communicated to the councils along with any other changes to the equipment list.
- All equipment being sold is owned by the jamboree and will need to be picked up by the purchaser at the end of the jamboree.
- Council Tent Purchases will first be allocated and filled from their Jamboree Contingents. Participants using the tents from that council will need to pack up the tents and take them home. 22 Tents (18 Participant and 4 Adult) are in each Contingent.
- Example 1 – If a council has one contingent and would like to purchase 25 tents, the first 22 tents will be allocated from their contingent. The remaining 3 tents would be picked up at the Serve Mart or Subcamp Headquarters in the Base Camps, or at the Ruby Welcome Center.
- Example 2 – If a council has two contingents and would like to purchase 70 tents, the first 44 tents will be allocated from their two contingents. The remaining 26 tents would need to be picked up at the Ruby Welcome Center by a staff member that is driving home to the council.
- Note – For contingents that are flying home, arrangements will be made for those tents to be transported back with a staff member. Pickup will be at the Ruby Welcome Center.
- Arrangements are being made for council bulk purchases (large tent and bike orders) to be picked up at the Ruby Welcome Center.
- Councils may want to consider sending a jamboree staff member with a trailer for large orders. Staff parking at the Ruby Welcome Center will be a quick stop with easy loading options as they depart the jamboree.
- All equipment is being sold in as-is condition. Agreed upon inventory and verification of all parts/pieces will take place at the time of pickup.
- All sales of used equipment from the jamboree are final. No returns will be accepted. Inspection for damaged or missing pieces will take place at the time of pickup.
Tents sold out
The check option will be billed through the National Service Center with payment due by August 31, 2017.
Credit cards will be charged at the time of purchase.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE SALE,
PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org Send Email OR CALL 972-580-2137.
Send your key Jamboree Staff/Volunteers to the Summit with a trailer so they can return home with great program bicycles at a low cost for your council!
*All bikes are being serviced and reconditioned prior to the Jamboree.
GREAT PRICES FOR COUNCILS ADDING A BIKE PROGRAM TO THEIR CAMPS.
All bikes are being sold in used condition and some will have cosmetic blemishes (scratches in the paint). All of the bikes are being serviced and reconditioned prior to the Jamboree. There are limited quantities on certain bikes and sizes. Be sure to order today for the best selection that will fit your council’s needs. Bikes will be available for pickup at the Ruby Welcome Center.
Equipment Sale Pick Up Instructions
Dates and Hours – Items will be available to be removed from the site on the tour buses and/or picked up at the Ruby Welcome Center.
- July 28th – 8AM – 5PM (Note – Tents will be transported to the Ruby Welcome Center as early as possible, but it will take a few hours to fully populate the inventory at the Ruby. If you are driving to pick up a large order, we recommend you schedule your travel on 7/29 or 7/30 to reduce any wait times you might encounter on 7/28).
- July 29th – 8AM – 5PM
- July 30th – 8AM – 5PM
No Shipping – Finding homes for 12,000 tents is a great opportunity to work through a wide variety logistical challenges. One of the largest pieces of the logistical puzzle is shipping. To offer the lowest possible price for Equipment Sale items, the National Jamboree is happy to provide two pickup options, but is unable to ship any items from the site. If your items need to be shipped home, we recommend that you locate and schedule an appointment with a shipping provider at a location along your departure route from the Jamboree.
To help reduce the number of times that the tents change hands, the National Jamboree has provided the guidance below. You will receive support at the Subcamp Level to coordinate the removal of tents.
- The top recommendation is for Troops that have purchased tents to remove them directly from their Jamboree camp site on the tour buses. For this option, we recommend assigning a “Tent Inspector” position to one of the youth in the troop. This person would make sure that the tents are in working condition (no broken poles, missing pieces, etc.). This will help each of the youth be invested in taking care of the tent throughout the duration of the Jamboree.
- Example 1 – If a council/troop has one contingent and would like to purchase 25 tents, the first 22 tents will be allocated from their contingent. The remaining 3 tents would be picked up at the Serve Mart or Subcamp Headquarters in the Base Camps, or at the Ruby Welcome Center.
- Example 2 – If a council/troop has two contingents and would like to purchase 70 tents, the first 44 tents will be allocated from their two contingents. The remaining 26 tents would need to be picked up at the Ruby Welcome Center by a staff member that is driving home to the council.
Note – For contingents that are flying home, arrangements will need to be made by the council/troop to have equipment sale items be transported back with a volunteer staff member or council/troop representative. Pickup will be at the Ruby Welcome Center.
For questions email email@example.com