Fire safety is a critical part of the overall safety of a National Jamboree.
Jamboree contingents should pay close attention to the possible fire hazards in their camp and cooking area. In particular, keep grills away from tents.
While in tents and buildings that use electricity, use extension cords properly. Do not use plug an excessive number of extension cords into a single outlet. If an extension cord or worn or a outlet is overloaded, it may spark and begin a fire.
If a fire does start, get all individuals out of the area and safely away from the fire. Once all individuals are accounted for, contact emergency services by calling 911.