Council Commissioner's Retreat
June 23 – 25, 2017
Area Commissioners, Assistant Area Commissioners, Council Commissioners and professional staff supporting unit service at all experience levels are welcome to attend this retreat. This retreat will consist of a guided group discussion of following topics:
- What is my Role as a Member of the Council Key 3, Board Member, Representative of Volunteers and Youth, and Chief Morale Officer?
- How do I Strengthen my Relationship with the District Commissioners?
- How do I Build My Team?
- How do I Conduct an Effective Commissioner Cabinet Meeting?
- How do I Ensure the Use of Contemporary Tools and Techniques?
- What does Success Look Like?
- How do I Communicate Effectively?
The discussion will also address your most pressing questions.
Registration Fee: $175 – $150(Early Bird)
Get a taste of the adventure and action sports opportunities available at the BSA’s newest national base — The Summit Bechtel Reserve — located in Southern West Virginia. The Training Center program gives you access to all venues in the Scott Summit Center. This area is a microcosm of the Summit with sample versions of each of the high adventure venues and a ton of exciting activities.
This program is available for registered Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers and Training Center Participants and they are welcome to move from one area to another as they please.
- Canopy Tours*
- Challenge Courses*
- BMX Race Tracks*
- Skateboard Plaza
- Static Archery Range
- Tomahawk Throw
- CONSOL Energy Bridge
- Harvey Mountain Bike Trails
- Scott Visitors Center
- Sustainability Treehouse
- Summit Center Ziplines*
- 37°N Outfitters
- Stand-up Paddleboard
- Water Reality Obstacle Course*
- Sporting Arrows
- Adult Leader Training
- Survival School
- Fellowships, gatherings & concerts
- Campfires, ceremonies & competitions