You’ve sewn on your official Jamboree patch, you’ve finalized your travel plans, you’ve finished packing — or at least your packing list.
The next step in prepping for the 2017 National Jamboree takes just seconds but will enhance your Jamboree experience in big ways. It’s time to download the official 2017 National Jamboree app.
The 2017 National Jamboree app is available now for iOS and Android devices. The app includes a list of activities, event schedules, updated wait times for attractions, interactive maps, real-time notifications and more.
It’s everything you need to know about the 2017 National Jamboree — all in the palm of your hand.
To download, click here on your iOS device or click here on your Android. You can also search “2017 Jamboree” in the App Store or Google Play. Jamboree participants, staff volunteers, and visitors should get the app today and find a prominent spot for it on their home screen. Those who aren’t going to the Jamboree are welcome to download the app and follow along from home.
2017 National Jamboree app features
- Personalized agendas: A complete list of Jamboree events, giving Scouts and Venturers helpful information like the time, location and details of all activities. Participants can even craft their own personalized agenda, showcasing their own can’t-miss Jamboree events.
- Updated wait times: Scouts and Venturers can view regularly updated wait times for the most popular Jamboree activities. This will enable participants to get the most out of each day, and it’ll help with the overall flow of traffic at the Jamboree. Sweet.
- Interactive maps: This full array of maps shows the locations of shuttles, first-aid stands, charging stations and key points of interest. Scouts and Venturers can get walking directions and see the estimated travel times by foot to various points throughout the Summit Bechtel Reserve.
- Real-time notifications: Scouts and Venturers can opt in to receive notifications about schedule changes, emergency information, weather alerts and more.
- Sponsors: Participants can scroll through the many friends of Scouting whose support helps make the Jamboree Scouting’s premier event.
Who’s behind the 2017 National Jamboree app?
AT&T powers the 2017 National Jamboree app, which was developed in partnership with the volunteers on the National Jamboree Program Team. Let’s give a big shout-out to the National Jamboree Program Team for their work in turning a cool concept into an awesome app.
Having trouble with the Jamboree app on your phone?
If there is not a version of the Jamboree app for your mobile phone, there is no need to worry! There is a web-based version of the app located at 2017jambo.org/webapp. It’s not exactly the same as having it on your iPhone or Android device, but it’s pretty close and a great way to stay informed.
What about the previous version of the Jamboree app?
Some Jamboree participants, leaders and staffers downloaded an early version of the Jamboree app under a different name. Please note the earlier version is no longer supported and won’t be updated during the 2017 National Jamboree. The newer version, powered by AT&T, is available at the links above. That’s the one you want.
This article originally appeared on the Bryan on Scouting blog.