Advanced Mountain Biking
**NOT AVAILABLE IN 2018**
Mountain biking is supposed to be fun, but it takes an understanding of basic and advanced skills to get the most enjoyment out of the sport. The Gears at The Summit features miles of amazing trails from downhill to flow to cross country, the perfect proving ground for those looking to ride better and up the fun quotient.
The Advanced Mountain Biking Program
If you are ready to get serious about mountain biking, the advanced mountain biking program will help you develop the skills that separate the serious riders from the weekend warriors.
The Summit’s 36-miles of mountain biking trails provide a vast array of challenges and experiences to practice your new skills.
Skill development opportunities include:
- Body position – The more aggressive the terrain, the more you need to move your body. Learn to be dynamic on your bike and use your body to get the most from your ride.
- High speed corners – Carrying speed through the corners is key to taking your biking to the next level. Remember that body position stuff? You’ll use it here. Braaaap!
- Wheel lifts – If you want to ride more challenging terrain, you’ll want dial in your wheel lift skills.
- Drops – Learn to take drops the right way and you’ll find you can ride faster and with more confidence.
- Bunny Hops – Clear obstacles and smooth out your ride with this skill.
- Descents – Take the anxiety of mountain biking downhill by building your skills and gaining valuable trail experience.
- Climbs – Learn which body position and gears work best for you then practice, practice, practice. You’ll feel like the king of the mountain when you reach the top!
- Shifting – It’s all about anticipation and knowing which gears are best suited for your riding style.
- Braking – Seems like a no brainer, but proper braking technique makes you feel more in control and allow you to actually ride faster.
This will be a physically rigorous experience. All participants must be at least 16 years old.
Registration Fee: $879
Fee is cost per person.