Take me home to the place where I belong…… The Summit in beautiful West Virginia!
Never been to the Summit or like to come back for another week? The Summit is excited to announce our new “Mountaineer Program” for Scouters over the age of 21 who would like to volunteer for a week on staff at the Summit.
You can volunteer for one of the many program areas or commissioner service; summer camp, medical, training center support, maintenance, transportation and more.
The prospective volunteer identifies their interests, skills, and availability. The Summit matches these against SBR needs and contacts the volunteer to gauge interest in the opportunities that SBR has available. If an agreement is reached, the volunteer will receive key information to help him or her prepare to serve at SBR.
1. Must be available for at least one week (consecutive days).
2. Only adults (21+) will be considered.
3. Must be currently registered adult leader in the BSA and submit proof of membership upon request.
4. Complete a criminal background check (upon acceptance by SBR – SBR will process).
5. For positions requiring special training or certificates, present a valid credential or certificate of training.
6. Have a current Youth Protection Training.
7. Complete an SBR Code of Conduct.
8. Volunteers are responsible for their own travel to and from SBR.
1. All meals provided
2. Lodging in one of the SBR dormitory buildings for the duration of your volunteer assignment.
3. Staff shirts
4. Summit Mountaineer Patch available only to Mountaineer volunteers.
5. Work with good people at the BSA’s newest high adventure base building the youth of tomorrow.