Seasonal Positions Available! Apply Now!
Do you have a passion for outdoor sports and have wanted to pass that on to youth? Do you love being a part of a large family of diverse, enthusiastic individuals? Do you really just like being at the Summit Bechtel Reserve?!
If you have answered “YES!” to any of these questions, you should take a few minutes and apply to be a seasonal staff member. We just completed the migration to our new seasonal staff job application software and are excited to take your application! It is a very easy process and entirely online. Positions vary widely by interest/skills and many do not require previous experience.
We’re looking for over 200 seasonal staff members to operate the National Scout Camp, High Adventure Base and Training & Leadership Center next summer at The Summit. If you like working directly with youth, we have program instructor positions in every one of our activity areas:
- Skateboard, Mountain Bike & BMX
- Paddlesports & Swimming
- Rock Climbing, Challenge Courses & Zip-Lines
- BMX, Skateboarding, & Mountain Biking
- Sustainability, Conservation, Ecology & Service
- High Adventure Program Guides or Scout Camp Commissioners
If that isn’t quite your thing, we have a wide range of support positions as well:
- Area Director & Leadership Teams
- Guest Services, Transportation & Logistics
- Medical & Emergency Response
- Facilities, Trail Crew & Bike Mechanics
Our salary ranges go from $1145 to $1650+ a month! On top of it all, we provide room and board for the entirety of your employment here with us. No money spent on groceries or rent!
And besides the work itself being fun and rewarding, here are some of the other benefits of being a Summit staff member:
- Free room & board (no rent or groceries!)
- Professional certification training
- Professional Discounts on outdoor gear and brands
- Endless outdoor activities
- New River Gorge right in your back yard
- Creating friendships that last a lifetime
As you can see there are a variety of available positions for almost any interest which all come with training, certifications, and a chance to give back to youth. Check out the list of job descriptions and our brief slideshow then take a few minutes and Apply!