VenturingFest 2018, the second national gathering of Venturers at the Summit Bechtel Reserve – a Scouting experience unlike any other before – is coming your way again from July 1 to July 6!
WHY YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS IT
VenturingFest 2018 is a special Scouting event at SBR that’s open to registered Venturers, Scouts and adult leaders across the U.S. This six-day high-adventure festival invites participants to explore the best the SBR has to offer. We’re talking rock climbing, skateboarding, BMX biking, water sports, shooting sports, zip lines, challenge courses, and so much more!
As if the adrenaline-pumping activities weren’t enough, festival goers will also get to jam out to concerts and meet new friends in Venturing at the event. What more could a Venturer want?
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT VENTURINGFEST 2018
Come join us for the full Venturing experience, filled with climbing gear, skateboards, bikes, and water sports and nights filled with new friends, fun food, and great concerts. Most importantly, there will be memories to last a lifetime!
Programs in the James C. Justice National Scout Camp
Unless noted each of these will be open programs, meaning Venturers will be able to move from activity to activity with their friends depending on their interests.
- Water Obstacle Course
COPE & Climbing
- Project COPE (Scheduled Program)
- Scoutcraft (Pioneering, orienteering, geocaching)
- Wilderness Survival
- Brownsea Island (Basic Scout skills & advancement opportunities)
- Shooting Sports
- .22 Rifles
- Static Archery
- LaPorte (Sporting Arrows)
- Primitive Range (Tomahawks, Atlatl, knives, spears, sling-shots, etc)
- Sustainability & Ecology
- Leave No Trace Training/Awareness (Scheduled Programs)
- Nature & Ecology
- Conservation & Sustainability
- Mountain Biking
Programs in Christen National High Adventure Base
Venturers will be able to choose from three of the following half-day programs during registration. The “Big Zip” will also running open program during the event.
Canopy Tour Zip Lines
Rafting on the lower New River – $65 additional fee
Programs in the John D. Tickle National Training and Leadership Center
Courses to be announced.
Registration & Payment
YOUTH REGISTRATION FEE: $500*
*Fee is cost per person. $600.00 after April 30, 2018.
ADULT REGISTRATION FEE: $400*
*Fee is cost per person. $500.00 after April 30, 2018.
Fees include meals (Sunday dinner through Friday breakfast), campsite (w/tents, showers, dining flies, tables & Wi-Fi), and all program equipment, with exception of the optional ½-day whitewater rafting trip. (Fee for this is TBD)
Registered Varsity Scout
Registered Sea Scout
Registered Boy Scout age 14 (or 13 and have completed the 8th grade)
Registered Adult Leader
Additionally, all participants must:
– Complete parts A, B, C of the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
– Complete Summit Bechtel Reserve Risk Acknowledgement (and Whitewater waiver for rafting excursions)
– Weigh between 50 and 250 lbs to participant in aerial sporting activities
– Pass a BSA swimmer test for all aquatic activities
Aerial Sports (Climbing/rappelling, Canopy Tours, Challenge Courses & Zip lines)
Manufacturer’s guidelines require that participants weigh between 50 and 250 pounds regardless of height.
Must successfully complete the BSA Swim Test prior to arrival. All water activities require closed-toe shoes during participation.
- Non-refundable deposit required during initial registration
- $500 for unit reservation
- $100 for individual (provisional) reservation
- ½ Balance by February 28th, 2018
- Final balance by April 30th, 2018
- Registration closes May 31st, 2018
For any questions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.