VenturingFest update 3/16/2020
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect VenturingFest 2020. Please know that we are monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 both with our National Service Center response team and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Based upon current guidance we are planning on holding VenturingFest 2020 as planned and registration remains open (https://www.summitbsa.org/venturingfest/). If recommendations change full refunds will be made for all fees paid to date. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will continue to update you on relevant developments, and we appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health and safety.
We are continuing the planning for a tremendous VenturingFest at the Summit Bechtel Reserve, June 28-July 3, 2020, and continue to build events and activities that are exciting and engaging for Venturers and adult advisors/volunteers. During uncertain times, be certain of one thing: VenturingFest 2020 will be an event you won’t want to miss!
VenturingFest 2020, the third national gathering of Venturers at the Summit Bechtel Reserve – a Scouting experience unlike any other before – is coming your way again from June 28 to July 3!
VenturingFest 2020 is a special Scouting event at SBR that’s open to registered Venturers, Scouts and adult leaders across the U.S. This six-day high-adventure festival invites participants to explore the best the SBR has to offer. We’re talking rock climbing, skateboarding, BMX biking, water sports, shooting sports, zip lines, challenge courses, and so much more!
As if the adrenaline-pumping activities weren’t enough, festival-goers will also get to jam out to concerts and meet new friends in Venturing at the event. What more could a Venturer want?
(More Information to Be Announced).
For any questions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information for all Applicants:
- The VenturingFest guidebook can be found here.
- Deposit is due at the time this form is completed. Reservations that do not have a paid deposit will not be processed. (Registration is a multiple step process.)
- The participant cost is $525 per youth member and $425 per adult for reservations made prior to April 30, 2020.
- Late participant reservations (after April 30, 2020) are $625 per youth member and $525 per adult.
- Whitewater Rafting incurs an additional fee of $75.
- Kodiak Challenge hands-on leadership training incurs an additional fee of $50.
- Staff reservations are $275.
- Final payment is due April 30, 2020. Reservations made after April 30, 2020 require payment in full at time of reservation.
- All paid fees are non-refundable.
- All participants must be currently registered Venturers, Sea Scouts, or Scouts BSA.
- The ages for the youth registrants 14+ or 13 having graduated the 8th grade.
- Tents, cots and all program equipment are provided.
- Participant meals include dinner Sunday night through breakfast on Friday (departure day). Lunch on arrival day is not provided.
- Staff arrival day varies depending upon position.
- International attendees should get approval from their NSO before registering. The international reservation form can be found here.