You might say they’re the unsung heroes of the jamboree.
Except we’re singing their praises right here.
If you want to be on the inside at the first-ever jamboree at the Summit in 2013, here are 10 of the most important Logistics Group jobs that will contribute to making it the best national jamboree yet:
- Equipment — It’ll take people to operate special equipment and get all the tents up and down.
- Food/Ice Distribution — Thousands of Scouts eat a lot of food! You can be part of the distribution team that gets all the meals to the campsites.
- Garden Ground Food Operations — Have you heard about the Garden Ground Trek yet? Join the team that will prepare and serve food at the summit of the Summit.
- Logistics Support Team — These staffers will be everywhere: warehouse, transportation, material movement, procurement, operations center.
- Movement Control — Resources and people will be flowing around the Summit like a river. We need sharp folks to manage it.
- Retail Food Operations — Want to meet a lot of people? (They’ll all be hungry!) This team will oversee the food service in places like the Summit Center.
- Retail Store Operations — The trading post is always one of the hoppin’est places at the jamboree. Are you a gearhead? If you like Scoutstuff, come help with customer service, stocking, and checkout.
- Specialty Foods — Scouting is full of diversity, and that includes diets. You can help coordinate delivery of kosher and halal meals, as well as other specialty items.
- Staff Dining — We need staffers to support all dining service operations, including food service, patron support, and cleaning.
- Warehousing — It’s forklift central for receiving, storing and issuing of materials and supplies. Can you help here?
There’s a lot going on in logistics, and plenty of opportunity for aspiring jamboree staff. If this doesn’t sound like your style, though, maybe you’d like a position in administration or the arena.
Get signed up for the jamboree and apply for staff today!