WHAT IS NAYLE?
The National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience (NAYLE) is an exciting program where young men and women enhance their leadership skills through team building, ethical decision-making, problem solving and service to others.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
NAYLE is a very special experience. You will camp in a team setting that enables participants to use their leadership skills to resolve challenging situations. The week concludes with a closing challenge for each Scout to use what they’ve learned in service to others.
WHAT WILL I TAKE HOME FROM NAYLE?
- The skill, ability and motivation to be a dynamic and effective leader taught through advanced, practical applications of National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) skills.
- The ability to function well in a team or group situations.
- Nationwide resources including new ideas and contacts that can only be gained through a program of this type.
- Personal written commitment to apply NAYLE skills back home.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND?
- Completion of Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops or Crews (ILST or ILSC) and National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT).
- Be in top physical condition and meet the Summit’s height-weight requirements – a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record From, Parts A, B, and C is required.
- Be 14 years of age (or 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade) and not yet 21.
- Hold a unit leadership position.
WHEN IS IT?
Two sessions will be held in 2021:
- Session 1: June 20 – June 26
- Staff Training June 13 – June 19
- Session 2: July 4 – July 10
- Staff Training June 27 – July 3
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
A $250 non-refundable deposit is due at registration with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival.