National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience (NAYLE)
WHAT IS NAYLE?
The National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience (NAYLE) is an exciting program where young men and women enhance their leadership skills through team building, ethical decision-making, problem solving and service to others.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
NAYLE is a very special experience. You will camp in a team setting that enables participants to use their leadership skills to resolve challenging situations. The week concludes with a closing challenge for each Scout to use what they’ve learned in service to others.
WHAT WILL I TAKE HOME FROM NAYLE?
- The skill, ability and motivation to be a dynamic and effective leader taught through advanced, practical applications of National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) skills.
- The ability to function well in a team or group situations.
- Nationwide resources including new ideas and contacts that can only be gained through a program of this type.
- Personal written commitment to apply NAYLE skills back home.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND?
- Completion of Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops or Crews (ILST or ILSC) and National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT).
- Be in top physical condition and meet the Summit’s height-weight requirements – a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record From, Parts A, B, and C is required.
- Be 14 years of age (or 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade) and not yet 21.
- Hold a unit leadership position.
WHEN IS IT?
Two sessions will be held in 2019:
- Session 1: June 23 – June 29
- Session 2: July 7 – July 13
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The fee for the six-day course is $425. A $100 non-refundable deposit is due at registration with the balance due May 1, 2019.