The Telescopium Experience
Chart a course for the future of the BSA National Jamboree
Ancient mariners were guided by the stars in charting their known and unknown paths. Guided by various stars within the Scouting Movement we will seek, refine and determine a new vision BSA Jamborees much like the founders of American Scouting had to do in the 1930s. The Telescopium Experience will serve as a looking glass into the future of this great movement. We will ensure that you are prepared for your journey so that together we can create a limitless Scouting for future generations.
What is the Telescopium Experience?
A 3-day, 4-night conference at SBR that provides tenting, food, conference materials, SBR adventure experiences, fellowship, fun and the adventure you’d expect at the Summit Bechtel Reserve.
Who is invited to participate?
Adults and Scouts that have served on previous Jamboree Staffs or interested in serving on future Jamboree Service Team’s. Especially those that have ideas and thoughts on how to make the next Jamboree the most awesome event ever!
Where will it be held?
The Summit Bechtel Reserve, of course! After all, it is the home of the BSA National Jamborees.
When is the Telescopium Experience?
July 13-17, 2021
Tuesday afternoon check-in (7/13)
Saturday mid-morning checkout (7/17)
...and how much does it cost?
JST Fee: $726/person
You will receive an unused Jamboree tent to take home and a cot on loan
Lodging option 1: Bunkhouse +$825/person
roommate housing in a Bunkhouse (while availability exists)
Lodging option 2: "Summit Luxury" +$1500/person
Single Occupancy or couples lodging at the NEW Yamagata Lodge
*Please note that there will be an additional charge for River Rafting
or Bridge touring if selected as an adventure option.
Additional Fee Information
Telescopium Registration Fees
There are 3 accommodation options for the conference.
- JST Fee is $726 (you will receive an unused Jamboree tent to take home and a cot on loan)
- Bunk Fee is $825 – roommate housing in a Bunkhouse (while availability exists)
- Summit Luxury Fee is $1,500 – Single Occupancy or couples lodging at the NEW Yamagata Lodge
Telescopium Payment Schedule
- Deposit: $250 due at registration
- 1st payment: $250 payment due by February 28, 2021
- Final Payment: remaining balance due by April 30, 2021
- Any balance that is unpaid after April 30, 2021 is subject to a penalty/late fee of 10%
Telescopium Refund Policy
If the Boy Scouts of America cancels the Telescopium program due to COVID-19, you can apply fees to an alternate event date. If it is not possible for you to reschedule, you will receive a full refund of fees paid. If you cancel your existing reservation one of the following two options are available:
- You may select an alternate adventure later in 2021 or 2022 at advertised pricing.
- Cancellations prior to March 31, 2021 will receive a refund of fees paid less 10% (planning and administrative fees, COVID-19 surcharge included). Cancellations prior to May 31, 2021 will receive a refund of fees paid less 25%. Cancellations prior to July 5, 2021 will receive a refund of fees paid less 40%. Refunds will not be provided after July 5, 2021.