When the national jamboree kicks off at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in July 2013, the Summit will become the second-largest city in the whole state of West Virginia. And, it will take an energetic staff of thousands of volunteers to give Scouts and Venturers 10 days of the time of their lives.
What can you do to take part in pulling off a successful jamboree? Well, if you’re skilled in any of the following, the Administration Group has 11 types of positions you might be a good fit for. There are jamboree administration jobs in:
- Accounting — Jamboree accounting processes and procedures.
- Banking — On-site cash management processes and procedures.
- General — Applicants in this group could be placed in any area of service throughout the jamboree.
- HQ Support Staff — Staff will consist primarily of youth. Duties will include various errands and disseminating information and directions as needed.
- IS Application Support — Support major software applications utilized throughout the jamboree site.
- IS Hardware Support — Organize, inventory, disseminate and maintain computer hardware.
- Media, Local and National — Work with local and national media outlets on jamboree-related stories and news.
- Medical Service/EMS — Jamboree Medical Services is composed of both medical services and emergency medical crews. Prior to arrival, Medical Services is responsible for evaluating the fitness of Scouts and Scouters for participation at the national Scout jamboree. Medical Services is also responsible for providing front line care of health issues that occur while participating in the ten day jamboree experience.
- Photography — This team will capture and record the areas and activities during the jamboree via still pictures.
- Registration — Process staff and troop check in. Verify all criteria are met before handing out Jamboree credentials. Provide reports and other information on demand for upper management. Complete data entry to update on site attendance as needed.
- Videography — This team will capture and record the areas and activities during the jamboree via video.